Greywater Liberation Day!

We’re celebrating by sharing California’s Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) new “Emergency Building Standards – Part 5” (PDF).

It’s 15 pages long, so it may take a while to open…

And we’re ready to help you start graywatering!  Working with a licensed plumber, we can help coordinate getting the water out of your house and into your garden.  The new code requires that outlets be covered by 2″ of mulch or gravel and that the water is sent either into a mulch basin (surrounding a fig or banana tree perhaps) or into an infiltration pit, where larger trees will send their roots to drink and any extra water can slowly filter down to our aquifer.  It’s a good thing!


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s